Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Udacity

A few weeks ago, another homeschooling friend suggested I check out Udacity for Thing 3. (Thanks, Alison!) Wow! I am so impressed. If you're unfamiliar to Udacity, as I was, here is a short description from their site:

Udacity is the future of online higher education. We offer accessible, affordable, engaging classes that anyone can take, anytime. 

And it's free!

They offer online classes with engaging videos, complete with quizzes, tests and a certificate of completion, for free! Right now they offer math, computer science, physics and business classes. I'm really hoping they add more subjects. The classes are geared toward high school students and above, but the beginning classes seem challenging yet not frustrating for younger gifted kids. They are great for independent, self-directed learners.

Thing 3 chose Introduction to Physics and is loving it. I can't believe how much he is learning and retaining. He asked today if there is a second physics class he can take after he finishes this one. What the heck? Asking to take a class? I've dreamed of this moment since I started this crazy journey over three years ago.

This is one of the best resources I've found in a while.

Did I mention that it's free?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails